Bad Luck Day

Airports are so interesting. They’re kind of not, though. I’m not 100% sure why I just thought to say that. Sometimes I write something just because I think that maybe it is true and then it prompts me to find out if it’s true or not…

I’m actually pretty bored sitting here…waiting on my flight…which continues to delay. Seems like every time I look at my phone it’s something different. Like, come on guys, what-the-hell are ya’ll doing? I mean, keep me safe though, thank you!

I just Googled to check and see if we are in Mercury retro again because all of my flights are delayed…nope, it’s just meIt’s official…June 17th is bad luck day for this Virgo…

…Because let me tell you about this June 17th

I woke up at 11:44 am…WHY DID I SLEEP SO LATE. I never sleep that late…unless, of course, I was out partying until 5 or so in the morning. I was asleep by like 2 at the latest so wtf. Anyways…I had a hair appointment at 12 at my hair salon, which is 15 minutes away.

Awesome…today is starting off pretty cool. So I texted my hair-dresser and she said it was ok if I was a few minutes late.

I jumped out of bed-did all of the necessary bathroom things-grabbed a slice of Chicken lunch meat…because protein?…and then I was out the door. I got there at 12:13. I’d say I did a pretty damn good job, thank you very much.

While sitting in the chair getting my Brazilian Blowout (WHICH IS AMAZING BTW OMG), I keep getting text after text about shit people need me to do…STOP ITanyways…a couple of days ago I got a phone call about someone stealing my card numbers and spending money over in Turkey…I was intending to wake up around 8ish–start some laundry so I could pack for my trip (yeah, yeah, I know-I should have done this already, but alas, I did not…stop your judging) then go to the bank and get a new card. Well, needless to say I didn’t get laundry started, didn’t get to pack and I didn’t get to go to the bank before getting my hair done. I finished getting my hair done around 2:30 and headed to the bank…

(my flight is supposed to leave by 8 and the airport is about 30 minutes away WITHOUT traffic and where I live there is terrible traffic, always, so I was planning to leave at 6 at the very latest).

I got to the bank a little before 3. It was pouring down rain, and I was on the phone talking to my dad-freaking out because I didn’t know how I was going to get everything done in time, and then I dropped my phone…under my car…in the pouring rain...because of course…why wouldn’t that happen? So I got on my hands and knees in the puddle beside my car and reached under and was able to grab my phone. Thankfully, and also surprisingly-once I got inside it didn’t take long at all.

While driving home-it all of a sudden hit me that I hadn’t called in my seizure medication…so I get on the phone and call the store for a refill on my prescription, praying that they can have it finished in an hour. I also had to go to the store to buy cat food and litter to leave with my mom.

But guess who was able to get all their shit together and leave the house by 5:30?! That’s right, bitches-me! I was feeling pretty damn good about getting all my shopping/hair/laundry/packing/etc. done and actually getting to leave 30 minutes earlier than I had planned…and thank God I did because traffic was SO BAD I thought I was going to miss my flight! Seriously…the airport is 30 minutes from my house. It took us 30 minutes just to drive TWO MILES. You know why? Because of a tunnel…people are so terrified to drive through a tunnel that they drive about 5 mph through it. I will never understand. If you’re scared of the tunnel—drive faster so that you get out of it faster, right?! Haha…

As soon as we got out of the tunnel we were flying and felt like we were doing just fine on time-cutting it kind of close-but fine enough. Then we saw a sign that said there was an accident…one.exit.before.the.airport.exit. Why? Why is this happening? So…traffic again.

All the while-my father is sitting there counting down the minutes that it will take to get to the airport and how much time I have left to catch my flight. I asked him to stop because he was stressing me out and he said he was sorry and would try to stop…but because of how he processes things he started it up again later.

I finally threw my hands up and said, “It’s going to be fine. No matter what happens-it’s all going to be fine-I’m not even worried about it.” To which my father replied, “yeah! That’s a good way to think!” And then he stopped counting down the minutes…Thank You Lord.

Also, I dropped my phone between the seat and the center console and while struggling to reach down to get it I broke my Fitbit, so that was a pretty sweet addition to this crazy-shit-day. At this point, all I can do is laugh.

I finally made it to the airport and booked it through security and made it to my gate. As soon as I got there I received a text saying the flight had been delayed. So…here I sit. Also, I keep getting updates about my next flight in DC, which will now be leaving at 12:30 am.

But hey, I’d rather have a delay on my second flight than to have to worry about missing that one!…now I just sit and wait and see what happens…

Obviously-today is not June 17th and this was written on June 17th as I was leaving for my trip to see one of my best friends. Thankfully-I made it there-had an amazing trip-and now I’m back home!

Sometimes-you just have to laugh in the face of your bad luck days! 

(Also, I love when the daily prompt fits perfectly with what I already planned to blog about. Today’s prompt is: Voyage).



3 thoughts on “Bad Luck Day

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s